Skip to main content
Topic: Warnings when upgrading nvidia-open-dkms and nvidia-dkms (Read 93 times) previous topic - next topic

Warnings when upgrading nvidia-open-dkms and nvidia-dkms

Hi again, this isn't too big of an issue but I wanted to ask anyways. This may have been already asked before and I just happened to finally notice it.
I just upgraded my system (havent rebooted yet) but I noticed some odd errors when upgrading nvidia-open-dkms
Code: [Select]
:: Processing package changes...
(  1/145) upgrading iana-etc                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(  2/145) upgrading alsa-plugins                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(  3/145) upgrading amd-ucode                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(  4/145) upgrading android-udev                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(  5/145) upgrading nvidia-utils                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
/tmp/alpm_nak8MK/.INSTALL: line 16: systemctl: command not found
Enabling nvidia-resume...
/tmp/alpm_nak8MK/.INSTALL: line 18: systemctl: command not found
Enabling nvidia-hibernate...
Enabling nvidia-suspend...
error: command failed to execute correctly
It seems like it tries to enable or restart systemd services that don't exist. I decided to do a bit of digging in the package source to find whats causing it and I think its this file here: https://gitea.artixlinux.org/packages/nvidia-utils/src/branch/master/nvidia-utils.install
I also looked through the service files to see if they're important, but it seems they really don't do much. Actually thinking about it they could really be easily rewritten for other inits, cuz all they do is execute a single tiny shell script with different arguments and one of them just runs a binary. This post is already getting too long so I'll get to the point.

Is this error something I need to be concerned about or should I just to ignore it?
And also should there be service file equivalents for these, possibly packaged separately?

BTW Thanks in advance to the gigachads who maintain this distro.