Skip to main content
Topic: Bug reporting (Read 21534 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bug reporting

Reply #15
I don't know man. I checked a lot of Linux distros: Fedora 34, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/20.04/21.04/21.10, Mx Linux 19.4.1, AntiX 19.4, Linux Mint 20.2, Debian 11 Testing, Devuan Chimaera 4.0 Alpha, Manjaro 21.0.7, Artix, ArchLab, RebornOS, Void Linux with different kernels - start from 4.9 and up to 5.13. All OS’es with different DE’s (XFCE, Gnome3, Cinnamon, Mate, KDE, JWM, FluxBox, IceWM). With Ventoy I had problem only with LATEST Artix and Porteus Linux XFCE.

On Githab I described the problem https://github.com/ventoy/Ventoy/issues/1028
Let's wait answer.
But I can't understand you guys. I did not say that Artix never worked/not booted through Ventoy. I booted perfectly and installed this OS month and more ago. But in July, something has changed. Why are everyone always trying to redirect the problem and say that it is not their fault? For example Manjaro also recently had problems with the loading their LiveCD mode in a virtual machine (Vmware) and did not recognize the problems for a long time (about 2 months!!!). Then fixed.

Reply #16
I don't know man. I checked a lot of Linux distros: Fedora 34, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/20.04/21.04/21.10, Mx Linux 19.4.1, AntiX 19.4, Linux Mint 20.2, Debian 11 Testing, Devuan Chimaera 4.0 Alpha, Manjaro 21.0.7, Artix, ArchLab, RebornOS, Void Linux with different kernels - start from 4.9 and up to 5.13. All OS’es with different DE’s (XFCE, Gnome3, Cinnamon, Mate, KDE, JWM, FluxBox, IceWM). With Ventoy I had problem only with LATEST Artix and Porteus Linux XFCE.

On Githab I described the problem https://github.com/ventoy/Ventoy/issues/1028
Let's wait answer.
But I can't understand you guys. I did not say that Artix never worked/not booted through Ventoy. I booted perfectly and installed this OS month and more ago. But in July, something has changed. Why are everyone always trying to redirect the problem and say that it is not their fault? For example Manjaro also recently had problems with the loading their LiveCD mode in a virtual machine (Vmware) and did not recognize the problems for a long time (about 2 months!!!). Then fixed.
I never said that it never worked. But as our distro evolves and changes things work differently. Just because ventoy works with distro X today doesn't mean it will work with a new version of the distro in the future. It is ventoy's responsibility to adapt to those distros as they change over time. Distros don't follow ventoy development, ventoy follows their development. As far as the Manjaro issue, that is a stupid point, the fact that their ISO didn't work in cd mode shows they had a bug and didn't test their ISOs. Our stable ISOs we test and work when burned to dvd or pendrive. The fact that our ISOs work 100% clearly means its a bug or problem in ventoy.
Chris Cromer

Reply #17
I was looking for multiboot USB solutions a couple of years ago, there are lots of these, some in the AUR, and instructions on the Arch wiki and elsewhere to create your own. I didn't find anything that worked well with Artix. I suggest using an older ISO version with Ventoy for now, if it ever worked, that's amazing.  :D

Reply #18
The ventoy devs fixed the issue. In fact the new version fixes both arch linux and artix linux. As I said before, ventoy issues are ventoy issues they have to fix them.
Chris Cromer

Reply #19

In which part of the Forum bugs should be reported?

Since I don't see a clear space in the forum for bug reporting, I report it here:

---

digikam linked against wrong openexr version

digikam is linked against wrong openexr library:

Code: [Select]
pacman -Syy
pacman -S --asdeps world/openexr
pacman -S world/digikam

does currently install openexr version 3.1.1-1 and digikam version 7.3.0-4.

When launching digikam, the following error is printed:
digikam: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenEXR-3_0.so.29: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ls -1 /usr/lib/libOpenEXR* shows
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR-3_1.so
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR-3_1.so.30
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR-3_1.so.30.1.0
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR.so
/usr/lib/libOpenEXRCore-3_1.so
[...]

There is .so.30 installed, but digikam expects .so.29, so it seems like linking against wrong library version.

Reply #20
In which part of the Forum bugs should be reported?

Since I don't see a clear space in the forum for bug reporting, I report it here:

---

digikam linked against wrong openexr version

digikam is linked against wrong openexr library:

pacman -Syy
pacman -S --asdeps world/openexr
pacman -S world/digikam

does currently install openexr version 3.1.1-1 and digikam version 7.3.0-4.

When launching digikam, the following error is printed:
digikam: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenEXR-3_0.so.29: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ls -1 /usr/lib/libOpenEXR* shows
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR-3_1.so
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR-3_1.so.30
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR-3_1.so.30.1.0
/usr/lib/libOpenEXR.so
/usr/lib/libOpenEXRCore-3_1.so
[...]

There is .so.30 installed, but digikam expects .so.29, so it seems like linking against wrong library version.

I found two packages that needed a rebuild, somehow they didn't get built against correct version. Passed info about digikam, so it will be rebuilt ASAP.

Edit: digikam has been rebuilt.

Reply #21
"In which part of the Forum bugs should be reported?"
https://forum.artixlinux.org/
If you read the forum index there are several sections which can apply for various problems, for example:
Applications & Software
Issues related to applications, WM/DE, configuration, mounting, printing,sound, video, productivity, office, graphics, games
Package management
Updating, upgrading, downgrading, conflicts and Artix repositories issues
System
Kernel, hardware, administration, servers. daemons, networking

Perhaps it is less clear in non-English translations, but "issue" is a synonym for "bug" and it is up to you to decide where your bug / issue / problem / malfunction is best described. The categories don't seem to be strictly enforced, but it can be helpful sometimes for those reading the post if an appropriate section is used.

Reply #22
Oh yes, sorry, that was a joke, and it's been updated now if you look at the file:
HOME_URL="https://www.artixlinux.org/"
DOCUMENTATION_URL="https://wiki.artixlinux.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.artixlinux.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.artixlinux.org/"
(The new BUG_REPORT_URL goes to a 404 if you get past the certificate error warning)
man pacman quote:
"Bugs? You must be kidding; there are no bugs in this software."
You can open a topic on the forum / artix general mailing list / irc to discuss the problem.

Almost a year later the bug tracker url is still reported in /usr/lib/os-release, but if I understand correctly has never been operational... Are there any plans to deploy one?

Reply #25
Artix 6.8.9 will no longer launch Overwatch2 successfully. Rolling back to 6.8.8 solves the issue, so I'm pretty sure its a kernel issue and not related to mesa or proton. Some other games on 6.8.9 work, some others are also broken.

Reply #26
Artix 6.8.9 will no longer launch Overwatch2 successfully. Rolling back to 6.8.8 solves the issue, so I'm pretty sure its a kernel issue and not related to mesa or proton. Some other games on 6.8.9 work, some others are also broken.

Create a new thread. It's been nearly two years since the last post.

Reply #27

Create a new thread. It's been nearly two years since the last post.
Sorry, I thought that was the point of it being a pinned post, I will do that

Reply #29
Regarding Bug reporting on https://bugs.artixlinux.org/lost_pwd.php

I just tried to report a setup issue that wipes out data.

Here's the error message I got:

APPLICATION ERROR #1903
The provided information does not match any registered account!
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

it also says Powered by MantisBT
Copyright © 2000 - 2024 MantisBT Team
Contact administrator for assistance

...which may mean being a registered in the forum doesn't infer being registered to report bugs.

Doesn't matter too much to me.  I LOVE Artix Linux.  Thank you all.  I'll make a donaation (ALLEGEDLY) #FTIRS

QuickTime v6 (and presumably above) requires IPv6.
I block ALL of IPv6!
I also block all Amazon, Google, Microsoft/Bing/Azure/LinkedIn/Yammer, Edgecast/Fastly/ANS Comm,  Facebook/Meta, Twitter/X, as well as any other IP's which show up on my firewall (about 3% of all IPv4).  Consequently, I do NOT have email addresses nor accounts on any of these systems.  Please don't ask!