Skip to main content
Recent Posts
General Discussion / Re: The Facade
Last post by nous -
What's the genesis of Artix logo? How was it born? Is there any symbolism behind it? Sorry for being too direct maybe but it does have a temporary-ish feeling to it. If that's the case, would you (Artix Staff) be interested in a redisign?

No particular symbolism, its a stylized 'A', made by @shinyrice. We're always interested in new ideas, especially as we're at (or around) our 1st anniversary. What we need is something that stands out (i.e. not based on any other distro logo) and simple enough to be rendered in ASCII.

Also, the webpage could use some love too and I'd be happy to provide a theme if you'd like (backend scripting (like a CMS) too, if there's a need for that).

That's what I've been assigned to do, a long time ago, without much progress because no free time. Last I was working on was Typesetter CMS (flat-file infrastructure is preferred), but I didn't go much further than the (mandatory) dark theme. Your help would be much appreciated, you should join freenode/#artix-dev for more direct contact. Register a nick and ask someone from the team IRC regulars (artoo, nous, SGOrava, konimex, ArtixElf) for an invite.

General Discussion / Re: The Facade
Last post by artoo -
If there was a second thought behind the logo, those who can see would see it. :)
There is nothing about the logo I am aware of, just a logo that got contributed.
Discussion about Artix / Re: How Is Artix Running For you?
Last post by Everyone -
I use Artix on my thin-client-based home server. I've got set up a web server for my homepage and the projects I work on for my clients, media server for music and movies, download client for... well... downloading, I'm still struggling to get a fully functional mail server; OpenSMTPD is already there and working, but I still need to figure out how to connect dovecot and then retrofit the whole thing with spamfilters digital signatures and all the bells, whistles and policies needed so that other mailservers would want to talk with mine without sacking me into their blacklists.

I also installed a desktop environment, and use the server as a normal PC, when I just want to do some light work/browse the net and I don't feel like turning on my monster rig just for that.

It's been almost a year and everything has been running smoothly. I've never had an issue of something critically breaking after an update. Sometimes some programs would go complaining that a library of requested version was not found - this is easily fixed by creating a proper symlink.

The biggest annoyance while setting Artix up was that many packages were provided without their OpenRC init.d and conf.d service files at that time. Had to hunt on Gentoo for those. However I see that this is getting fixed.
General Discussion / The Facade
Last post by Everyone -
What's the genesis of Artix logo? How was it born? Is there any symbolism behind it? Sorry for being too direct maybe but it does have a temporary-ish feeling to it. If that's the case, would you (Artix Staff) be interested in a redisign?

Also, the webpage could use some love too and I'd be happy to provide a theme if you'd like (backend scripting (like a CMS) too, if there's a need for that).