Skip to main content
Topic: [SOLVED] LIBCURL file conflict with last update (Read 2168 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] LIBCURL file conflict with last update

This is the report with the last update:

Packages (2) lib32-libcurl-compat-7.56.0-1  libcurl-compat-7.56.0-1

Total Installed Size:  1,04 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      -0,01 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                                                        [##################################################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                                                      [##################################################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                                                            [##################################################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                                                      [##################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
libcurl-compat: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.4.0 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Later I'll investigate better, now just as a warinig :)

Re: LIBCURL file conflict with last update

Reply #1
Got the same, but from [multilib].
Code: [Select]
orion:[root]:~# pacman -S lib32-libcurl-compat
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (1)                    Old Version  New Version  Net Change

multilib/lib32-libcurl-compat  7.54.1-1     7.56.0-1       0.00 MiB

Total Installed Size:  0.54 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                   [------------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                        [------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                  [------------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
lib32-libcurl-compat: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4.4.0 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
orion:[root]:~# pacman -Qo /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4.4.0
/usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4.4.0 is owned by lib32-curl 7.54.1-2
It might as well be an Arch issue, perhaps rebuilding libcurl-compat and lib32-libcurl-compat into our repos will solve it.

Reply #2
I discover that, for my installation, libcurl-compat is a dependency of Viber. I reinstall the system, all work fine, but with the new version is impossible to install Viber: it find a libcurl.so.4 installed, but now I've nothing. Very strange...
All is fine in Antergos.

ERROR: libcurl-compat is installed

I try to recompile the lib duplicating locally the repo, maybe it work. I'll tell you what happen...  :D

Reply #3
Ok, discovered the libcurl question: there are a lot of programs, starting from pacman, using it. No way to remove the conflict. I'll try to look the source, but its not so easy, cause libcurl is in Arch repo, while some of the programs using it are in Artix repo.
Maybe a little bit too complicated for me, after years without battling with serious code, but I'll look, maybe that some interesting can happen or, at least, I'll refresh the memory ;)

Reply #4
My main "problem" with libcurl, was with Viber. I use it for work, to communicate, and no way to install it, due to the dependencies.
I solved the situation in a not so polite way, but it work: i removed the libcurl reference from the dependencies in the Viber PKGBLD and all has been installed perfectly using the old version.

I'm doing other test, but the behaviour is very strange so, by now I stop here with the previous little hint :)

Re: [SOLVED] LIBCURL file conflict with last update

Reply #5
After I activated the testing Artix repos and the system has been upgraded, the incompatibility disappear!

I did it on my testing HD, but I think that soon I'll replicate the same on the standard HD: all seems to be smooth and fine.