Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] No sound in my computer (Read 6457 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] No sound in my computer

Hello, I'm new with arch and I installed Artix because it had a ISO's with preconfigured desktop environments.
I installed Artix with the plasma DE and the installation went right. But then when I was going to watch some tutorials on how to configure yay I realized that the speakers on the computer didn't work, thought it was because my speakers were muted so I tried to volume up with the keys on my computer (Fn+F3), I thought this would work, because when I used the keyboard shortcut for the brightness up and down on my computer it worked (Fn+F5/Fn+F6). So I searched on the internet and found out that you can unmute your sound devices using alsamixer, I tried it but it was all ready all unmuted.
I also realized that there was no audio volume widget on the system tray area, nor there was anything related to audio that I could find in the system settings.

If someone can help me I would be very happy.
Pd. English is not my first language so sorry if I made any mistakes

Re: No sound in my computer

Reply #1
This happened for me as well, you might need to set a default device for alsa.

You can list all available devices using aplay -l and set a default device as described here.

Re: No sound in my computer

Reply #2
Thanks I tried that and it works well :D