Skip to main content
Topic: OpenSMTPD installer script problem (Read 625 times) previous topic - next topic

OpenSMTPD installer script problem

I just recently installed `galaxy/opensmtpd-openrc` version 20200715-1 and on trying to run any of its binaries, I am told  "this program must be setgid smtpq". After making that change, they worked.

Is this a problem with the install script, or did I install it wrong somehow?

I was going to check out the pacman repository to look through the install script, but I couldn't for the life of me find where the actual repository hosted. I did look through what I had in `var/cache/pacman/pkg`  but didn't find any install script in the tarball for `opensmtpd` (though `pacman -Qi` says there is one). I also couldn't find out where you're supposed to report issues with Artix packages, so I'm doing it here.

Re: OpenSMTPD installer script problem

Reply #1
I will look at as soon as I can

Reply #2
I tested it using rc-service opensmtpd start and it ran as expected.

Reply #3
I just recently installed `galaxy/opensmtpd-openrc` version 20200715-1 and on trying to run any of its binaries, I am told  "this program must be setgid smtpq". After making that change, they worked.

Is this a problem with the install script, or did I install it wrong somehow?

I was going to check out the pacman repository to look through the install script, but I couldn't for the life of me find where the actual repository hosted. I did look through what I had in `var/cache/pacman/pkg`  but didn't find any install script in the tarball for `opensmtpd` (though `pacman -Qi` says there is one). I also couldn't find out where you're supposed to report issues with Artix packages, so I'm doing it here.
I had this problem with /bin/sendmail symlink only. It was solved by setting its (only symlink itself) group ownership to smtpq and adding setgid bit. Other binaries seem to be fine for me
ARMtix

Reply #4
community/opensmtpd doesn't have this issue.