Skip to main content
Topic: dovecot-openrc: `/etc/conf.d/dovecot` needs backup array and default content. (Read 358 times) previous topic - next topic

dovecot-openrc: `/etc/conf.d/dovecot` needs backup array and default content.

Ahoj,

since I cannot register for https://gitea.artixlinux.org/ and I don't know about any other bug reporting system, I am reporting it here in the forum:

• The `PKGBUILD` of the package `dovecot-openrc` in the `galaxy`-repository would need to have the file `etc/conf.d/dovecot` added to the `backup` array.
  • In the default `/etc/conf.d/dovecot` of the package `dovecot-openrc` in the `galaxy`-repository should the line `DOVECOT_CONF=` filled with the default configuration file, i.e. `DOVECOT_CONF=/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf`.

In the current situation, whenever `dovecot-openrc` gets updated, user made changes to `/etc/conf.d/dovecot` get overwritten, and `dovecot` won't start up anymore, since the initscript `/etc/init.d/dovecot` expects the environment variable `DOVECOT_CONF` to be set and passes `-c ${DOVECOT_CONF}` to the daemon, which will make the daemon fail to start if `DOVECOT_CONF` is empty.

Meaning: For now, on first install and after every update again `dovecot` fails to start up.

Regards!

Re: dovecot-openrc: `/etc/conf.d/dovecot` needs backup array and default content.

Reply #1
@ndowens  can you look this?