Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: How to migrate when archlinux "testing" repos are enabled.  (Read 982 times) previous topic - next topic

How to migrate when archlinux "testing" repos are enabled.

Hi,

I'd like to migrate to artix, but I have all the "testing" repos enabled rigt now, and I didn't notice anything in the migration documentation about it. Should I simply have them still enabled in the `pacman.conf` and do the same for the rest of the steps?

Plus, good job, love you people! Cheers.

Re: How to migrate when archlinux "testing" repos are enabled.

Reply #1
i suggest to use artix testing repositories > system-testing, world-testing, galaxy-testing, lib32-testing...
be aware of some errors because packages in artix might be few days behind arch

Here is pacman.conf from artix (fore reference) https://github.com/artix-linux/system/blob/master/pacman/pacman.conf.x86_64

Reply #2
What you should do is enable our testing repos as well during the migration. That will make sure that your arch testing and artix testing are in sync.

So enable:
system-testing
world-testing
galaxy-testing

And if you use multilib:
lib32-testing
Chris Cromer

Reply #3
In the same logic those who use artix-testing should also have communit-testing on above community?

I know I have for a while without any problems. 
When I migrated from manjaro-unstable to artix I did run into a few packages which became local well advanced of the repositories.  But back then there was no such thing as artix-testing and manjaro had removed openrc and eudev from its mirrors the day before (early September after they had claimed it would be at least the middle of September).

If it makes you feel any easier Obarun has very few of its own packages and a couple of restrictions on systemd related pkgs and runs straight Arch repositories below its own.  Stable as a rock with arch-testing!  Artix is much more selective in what comes from Arch.

Reply #4
Thanks, seems to have workd (at least boots into a semi-functional desktop environment)