Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Unable to install KDE Plasma, packages 'exceed maximum file size' (Read 654 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to install KDE Plasma, packages 'exceed maximum file size'

Hello everyone, just did a fresh base install and i've decided to use plasma as my desktop environment.
I did "sudo pacman -S plasma kde-applications" and pacman gets approximately 540/740 packages into the install before it encounters 'glu-9.0.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst', tries downloading it from all available mirrors and stops after getting rejected by all of them for the same reason: "Maximum file size exceeded"
Help much appreciated

Re: Unable to install KDE Plasma, packages 'exceed maximum file size'

Reply #1
Hello,
I suppose that :
- you made the updates after installation?
- that you have read this: https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories#Arch_repositories
- that you emptied the packman cache before installing plasma and kde-applications if your root partition is a bit tight.
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Scc

Reply #2
I’ve rebuilt glu, though locally I’ve had no error originally but maybe new rebuild will work

Reply #3
Hello,
I suppose that :
- you made the updates after installation?
- that you have read this: https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories#Arch_repositories
- that you emptied the packman cache before installing plasma and kde-applications if your root partition is a bit tight.
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Scc
Thank you for your response.
Yes, i made sure to run an update before installing packages. I'm also aware of the situation with the arch repos, though since plasma is in the artix repos i just haven't enabled them yet.
Thank you for sugesting clearing the cache. However, it did not work.

Reply #4
I’ve rebuilt glu, though locally I’ve had no error originally but maybe new rebuild will work
Thank you for rebuilding the package.
Today i, after running an update, tried to install plasma again, and after first getting rejected by all mirrors again due to getting 404s from all of them, it worked.
I don't know what could've been the problem, glu is barely a meg in size.
Thank you for your help.