Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [FIXED] Omniverse throws 404 for Filezilla (Read 607 times) previous topic - next topic

[FIXED] Omniverse throws 404 for Filezilla

Hi there,

as written in topic I got an 404 error when trying to install Filezilla.
If I download it manually from the server it works. I copied the downloaded file to /var/cache/pacman/pkg and tried to install with pacman -U but then get the same error für libfilezilla.

Regards

Re: Omniverse throws 404 for Filezilla

Reply #1
Try to install it from community.

Code: [Select]
~ » pacman -Ss filezilla                                                                             
community/filezilla 3.55.1-2 [installed]
    Fast and reliable FTP, FTPS and SFTP client
community/libfilezilla 0.32.0-1 [installed]
    Small and modern C++ library, offering some basic functionality to build high-performing,
    platform-independent programs

Reply #2
I could also download libfilezilla manually, move it to the pkg directory and change the pkg-build so that the installation goes through.
But I wanted to see if maybe this is just a temporary problem before messing around.

Thanks for your tip @calvinh‍ but since the arch-repos have been disabled, I try to avoid enabling them again.

Reply #3
Code: [Select]
error: failed retrieving file 'libfilezilla-0.31.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from 78.129.140.102 : The requested URL returned error: 404
http://omniverse.artixlinux.org/x86_64/
Although if you look in the repo itself you can see there is  filezilla-3.55.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst and  libfilezilla-0.32.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst like you apparently can install from community in the omniverse, it tries to install the older version of libfilezilla that isn't in the repo, so there is some sort of package error. Probably it will soon be remedied now it has been spotted.

Reply #5

Yep, I know that @strajder‍ and I don't use Filezilla myself either. But there are people who can't manage without a GUI. I am satisfied if at least no Windows is used and try to make it as easy as possible for them to use and handle Linux in everyday life without needing much help.

Reply #6
Thx for the notification.
The problem should be fixed now.

Reply #7
Yes, it´s working now. Thank you for fixing @Artist‍.