Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: System settings D-Bus service package for runit (Read 1048 times) previous topic - next topic

System settings D-Bus service package for runit

Hi guys!  :D

I've been using OpenRC for a long time, however, I decided to venture into runit, everything was fine until I realized the lack of a package similar to openrc-settingsd  :o . There is some runit package with the same specified function as openrc-settingsd?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: System settings D-Bus service package for runit

Reply #1
What is usage of this package?
Create problems which don't have solution

Reply #2

According to the package description at https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/openrc-settingsd - "openrc-settingsd provides an implementation of the the hostnamed, localed, and timedated D-Bus services for OpenRC-based systems."

For example, if you are using a GNOME or a based-fork and try to set the date and time, such a message will appear:

GetNtpState

GDBus.Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.timedate1

Reply #3
Which desktop environment are you using ?

Reply #4
I test mate(runit) in VM, I found timeset-gui package , which enable you do settings related to date and time from GUI

timeset-gui's dependencies(gksu libgksu) might fail to build , to fix it read their comments of respective AUR package.