Skip to main content
Topic: Telegram-Desktop won't start (Read 940 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Telegram-Desktop Error

Telegram-Desktop won't start

Hi All

Telegram has been working perfectly in Artix for at least a year, on my laptop. Suddenly today it all changed. Now it loads up for about two seconds & then the app disappears. Here is the error script when I use the command line :

"
$ telegram-desktop

(telegram-desktop:5148): lib_base-WARNING **: 06:53:17.416: Unfortunately, GTK integration conflicts with qgtk2 platformtheme and style. Therefore, QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME and QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE will be unset.
lib_base-Message: 06:53:17.419: This can be ignored by setting DESKTOP_APP_I_KNOW_ABOUT_GTK_INCOMPATIBILITY environment variable to any value, however, if qgtk2 theme or style is used, this will lead to a crash.
lib_base-Message: 06:53:17.419: GTK integration can be disabled by setting DESKTOP_APP_DISABLE_GTK_INTEGRATION to any value. Keep in mind that this will lead to some features being unavailable.

(telegram-desktop:5148): Telegram-WARNING **: 06:53:17.484: Application was built without embedded fonts, this may lead to font issues.
[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Operation not permitted (1)
propsReply "Method \"GetAll\" with signature \"s\" on interface \"org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties\" doesn't exist\n"
nmReply "Method \"GetDevices\" with signature \"\" on interface \"org.freedesktop.NetworkManager\" doesn't exist\n"
"Object path cannot be empty"
error: : cannot open
qt.svg: Error while inflating gzip file: SVG format check failed
qt.svg: Error while inflating gzip file: SVG format check failed
Aborted
"
Help ! I am a relative Newbie to Linux.

Thanks in advance - - -

Re: Telegram-Desktop won't start

Reply #1
[Topic split / please don't necrobump]

I can't reproduce on MATE, but you seem to run a Qt-based desktop. Post more info and also try to identify what update (if any) caused the problem.
In the meantime, open a terminal, issue
Code: [Select]
$ export DESKTOP_APP_I_KNOW_ABOUT_GTK_INCOMPATIBILITY=1
$ telegram-desktop
and see if it helps. If not, continue:
Code: [Select]
$ export DESKTOP_APP_DISABLE_GTK_INTEGRATION=1
$ telegram-desktop
and post results.