Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] How to get a systemd service (zerotier-one) to run in OpenRC? (Read 1447 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] How to get a systemd service (zerotier-one) to run in OpenRC?

Hello, this is my first time making an account on any forum website that is in any way related to Linux, and I made it just for this problem.
I am currently struggling so much and want this one little thing to work.

The problem that I have is very obvious according to my subject title  :'(
How do I actually add one? Let me retrace my steps if this will be of any help for trying to solve this problem that I have

-Freshly installed Artix (not base, lxde)
-Tried doing a 'sudo pacman -S zerotier-one', the package was available, had to add Arch repos using artix-archlinux-support
-Did a pacman -S zerotier-one again and was done. Tried running it, but it wasn't available. Went to wiki and learned that I can list the services available.
-Tried rc add zerotier-one default. Says that the service doesn't exist. Tried rc-update show -v. The service indeed doesn't exist.
-Tried to find solutions online, found some notable ones. Found a post in this forum where you can use http://openrc.run/ to convert a systemd init file into an openrc script. Tried doing it, but I realize that there also has to be other things that need to be taken care of.

I am insanely burnt out at this rate just because of one app  :'( can anyone help me? If you can give me a straight up tutorial on how to do it, I would be extremely grateful  :'(

Re: How to get a systemd service (zerotier-one) to run in OpenRC?

Reply #2
Hello! I would like to share the mistake that made me unable to run the service this whole time. Thank you first of all ndowens.
I have done the same thing you've told me many times before, I thought there was just something terribly wrong with the iso I have downloaded which makes me unable to do so, but due to your reply, you have given me assurance that I was doing the right thing since 3 days ago.

Long story short, when you make an script and save it to /etc/init.d/,
Don't forget to chmod +x your script file, that was the problem I had the entire time. It wasn't executable. I cry tears.  :'( Thank you again ndowens.