Skip to main content
Topic: launching steam games will log out user (Read 916 times) previous topic - next topic

launching steam games will log out user

I have ArtixLinux OpenRC and installed steam and cs:go today.
first time when I launch cs:go just the launch button change to stop but game never launch.
I installed lib32-artix-archlinux-support and now if I launch the game sometimes when the blank screen appears I got logged out from the system, and sometimes game launches but I can't do anything and log out again.

Re: launching steam games will log out user

Reply #2
I'm sorry if I have grammar problems. my English is weak.
Xorg.log
This log is right after I opened steam, tried to launch cs:go and logged out.

I tried to find a way to get logs from steam itself, first tried steam --help to find an option link --verbose but this option got me some logs in the Konsole.
so I tried steam --help > steam.log to see if the problem is from steam but it doesn't work.

UPDATE:
dmesg.log if required.

Reply #3
You might need to redirect both stdout and stderr:
Code: [Select]
steam >steam.log 2>&1
I don't use steam myself, so not sure if this will produce any meaningful output in steam.log.

Edit: Remember to supply the log after the crash. If steam didn't crash, the log won't contain anything relevant to the issue.

Reply #4
steam.log :

[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Operation not permitted (1)
[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Operation not permitted (1)
No cached sticky mapping in GetActionSetHandle. Native Steam Controller support won't work.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/smjt2000/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/smjt2000/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

Reply #6
I don't have nvidia graphics.

CPU: ntel Core i5-4310U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 7856MiB

$ lspci -v -s 00:02.0
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Memory at f7800000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
        Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]

$ glxinfo | egrep -i 'device|memory'
    Device: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 (HSW GT2) (0xa16)
    Video memory: 1536MB
    Unified memory: yes

Reply #7
These issues are very difficult to debug. Things to try:
1. Use steam-native-runtime
2. Use a different wine version
3. Use a different kernel

Reply #8
I updated kernel a few hours ago.
wine? why? I'm playing cs:go, this game has a Linux version.
installed steam-native-runtime and log out again.

Reply #10
some information. on KDE Plasma if I want to play cs:go, the game window must be in windowed mode. if I set it to full screen or full screen windowed I got crash and logout.
sometimes after I got logout from system and login again, the game is still running in the background. I must kill the process and try again.
since my laptop is not very powerful, I must reduce the game resolution to get some FPS and because game is set to windowed mode I need to reduce system resolution.