Skip to main content
Topic: broken dependencies (Read 3705 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: broken dependencies

Reply #15
I just ran an upgrade that included mplayer and it was again  broken with libcdio.so.18 .  I wish they would just fix it.  They need a working mplayer forlibcdio.18 instead of cdio.16

Reply #16
Code: [Select]
pacman -Syu extra/libcdio-paranoia extra/libcdio

When you update, don't pacman -Syyuu because it will break, just re-issue the command above. Works for me (TM)

Reply #17
Code: [Select]
pacman -Syu extra/libcdio-paranoia extra/libcdio

When you update, don't pacman -Syyuu because it will break, just re-issue the command above. Works for me (TM)
Thank you for this, it does indeed work in my situation with smplayer/mpv as well. Even though the Artix versions of these packages are the same as those in extra, there is obviously a difference....I wonder if it has to do with systemd?? ???

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #18
I don't have a list of packages that are actually systemd-dependent or have various levels of integration with it. If I understand it correctly, Artix started with the core packages stripped of systemd, used the rest of the packages from Arch extra, and as time goes by, more and more packages will be migrating to the actual Artix repos from the Arch extra. So there's systemd, there's the actual package migration process and there might be mirror sync lag (there was an x264 library issue a while ago). But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if I were to find out systemd needs media player access because it wants to sync the screensaver with the video frames per second (?~?!?!?)

Reply #19
I don't have a list of packages that are actually systemd-dependent or have various levels of integration with it. If I understand it correctly, Artix started with the core packages stripped of systemd, used the rest of the packages from Arch extra, and as time goes by, more and more packages will be migrating to the actual Artix repos from the Arch extra. So there's systemd, there's the actual package migration process and there might be mirror sync lag (there was an x264 library issue a while ago). But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if I were to find out systemd needs media player access because it wants to sync the screensaver with the video frames per second (?~?!?!?)
I don't know about that, but, it seems strange to me that these packages have the exact same version numbers but only those from arch "extra" seem to work. I don't understand why. ???

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.