Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] kmail problem with libqgpgme.so.7 (Read 615 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] kmail problem with libqgpgme.so.7

I don't know if anyone have the same problem:

Code: [Select]
$ kmail
kmail: error while loading shared libraries: libqgpgme.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I opened a bug in archlinux but they close it saying that my distro is not updated. But it's not true.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/74084

Thanks in advance.

Re: kmail problem with libqgpgme.so.7

Reply #1
The statement that your system is not up to date refers to the bug in Arch Linux.
I have the same problem and my Artix installation is also up to date.
I suspect that something needs to be done by the Artix maintainers/developers and distributed via update.

We should be patient for a while.

Greets
Roberto

Reply #2
What distro are you using? Arch or Artix?

If you are using Artix, it doesn't make any sense to open a bug in the Arch bug tracker.

If you are using Arch, it doesn't make any sense to open a thread here.

If you are using Artix after all, how did you install Plasma?

Update: I tested installing world/kmail 21.12.3-2 in QEMU guest, it shows the same message that you posted. This will be looked into. In the future, please avoid posting bug reports to Arch bug tracker, as the package is from Artix.

Reply #3
Thank you and sorry for  my bad and short explain.

Yes, I use Artix, and when I looked for the bug or some information in Artix forum, I didn't found any information, and I could see that in arch bug tracker some people had a similiar (but not the same issue) and I thought (and here were my error) that the kmail package was distrubuted by arch ,not by artix.

Then I opened the issue and the rest of the story is known.

Sorry again.

Reply #5
After update all works perfectly. Thanks for the support and your work.

I solve the topic.