Skip to main content
Topic: GNOME 42: A transition version? (Read 505 times) previous topic - next topic

GNOME 42: A transition version?

I would like to share with my Artix communitiy my first impression about GNOME 42.

I think it is a transitional version with ups and downs.

1) Now, Epiphany 42 (GNOME Web) support video-hardware acceleration: I can tell you because I wasn't allow to see youtube videos with this browser until now. That's an up.

2) Bluetooth disable by default: I use a bluetooth mouse and whenever a I start up my PC I have to active bluetooth. It seems that there is an error because the system doesn't store my selecction. I was looking for an option in this GUI bu I have not found any option to set bluetooth activated by default for the time being. Fortunately, I keep my wired keyboard.

3) Now, we have two main libraries for themming: the new libadwaita and the old libhandy. I have been reading that this new library don't allow a user to create it's onw GNOME theme. That's a down. I have also read that is the reason because they are redeveloping new versions for terminal and text editor...

If you now more issues and you (like me) are also a gnome user. Please, share your opinnion.

I beg your pardon if this section is not the correct one to write this kind of thoughts. Please, tell me the correct one if this is the case.

Enjoy Aritx Linux!

Re: GNOME 42: A transition version?

Reply #1
Hello,

In order to have bluetooth activated on GNOME 42 you must edit /etc/bluetooth/main.conf and set AutoEnable=True.