Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Virtualbox applications crash (Read 510 times) previous topic - next topic

Virtualbox applications crash

Hello all,

since the kernel update to 5.18.0 I have the problem that application crashes again and again in a virtual environment with Virtualbox.
As a workaround I have now downgraded to kernel 5.17.8. After that no more problems occurred.

Maybe one or the other has the same problem and can temporarily fix the problem this way.

In the web it is assumed that the version 6.1.35 of Virtualbox should fix this error.

Greets
Roberto

Re: Virtualbox applications crash

Reply #1
The VirtualBox stuffs need upgraded too for your kernel

Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #2
This is also what I suspected or expected.
Therefore simply the information, because I will certainly not be the only one who is confronted with it.

Reply #3
are you using oracle's virtual box or the opensource one?  Prolly open source?
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #5
A build for virtualbox with update 'virtualbox 6.1.34-4: fix with linux 5.18' is running right now. If all goes well it should be available on the mirrors in a few hours. Hopefully it fixes this issue.
artist

Reply #6
A build for virtualbox with update 'virtualbox 6.1.34-4: fix with linux 5.18' is running right now. If all goes well it should be available on the mirrors in a few hours. Hopefully it fixes this issue.
artist
After updating the virtualbox package, my virtual machines start again as they used to.
Thanks for patching.

Greets
Roberto

Reply #7
Strictly speaking it wasn't patched.  You just need to be patient.  When a kernel is upgraded if you upgrade immediately you might not have everything you need.  Wait until everything you need is available before upgrading.  That requires you to read the upgrades and understand what they will do.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #8
Okay, then I would like to put it in other words.
@Artist  Thank your für fixing this issue.