Skip to main content
Topic: [openrc_xfce_pipewire] Media controls pulseaudio-plugin (Read 567 times) previous topic - next topic

[openrc_xfce_pipewire] Media controls pulseaudio-plugin

Hello guys and girls,

I just moved from EndeavourOS to Artix openrc. Everything works so far but I cannot get the pulseaudio-plugin from xfce4-goodies in the xfce4-panel working with tidal-hifi. Tidal player is not recognized by pavucontrol I guess. I tried it with both pulseaudio and pipewire. Pipewire works flawlessly. On EndeavourOS it wokred without any problem, so I guess it is an Artix/init issue!??
Multimedia keys on keyboard work properly. Any hints??

Cheers
Chino

Re: [openrc_xfce_pipewire] Media controls pulseaudio-plugin

Reply #1
Dumb question, but have you installed any tidal-hifi client from the AUR?

Reply #2
Dumb question, but have you installed any tidal-hifi client from the AUR?
Sure, tried several ones:
tidal-music-linux-git
tidal-hifi-git
tidal-hifi-bin
tidal-hifi-appimage

Reply #3
No one?

Reply #4
Bueller steps up and says, if no one here has any experience with it, you might could browse at least the gentoo forums for any posts about getting tidal to work, since they use the same init as you?

how about tidal-gui.  it has several build dependencies from the aur you will need to build first though too.

lastly, you could check the build file for the developer and email the dev to ask them?

Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #5
browse at least the gentoo forums for any posts about getting tidal to work, since they use the same init as you?

Can't believe any pulseaudio plugin developers are so dumb as to make them depend on systemd for their operation.

But then again, we have lived long enough to witness man-made horrors beyond our comprehension.

Reply #6
Can't believe any pulseaudio plugin developers are so dumb as to make them depend on systemd for their operation.

But then again, we have lived long enough to witness man-made horrors beyond our comprehension.

Windows 11?
Cat Herders of Linux