Skip to main content
Topic: Distrowatch (Read 687 times) previous topic - next topic

Distrowatch

Isn't Artix ranked low in distrowatch ?
How come Antix(debian) or MX(debian) is ranked higher ?

Re: Distrowatch

Reply #2
People looking for a good GNU/Linux distribution without systemd, don't necessarily go to Distrowatch.
These searches will therefore not be counted (ranked) on Distrowtach.

Moreover, a "rolling release" distribution does not need to release a new iso every six months.
The name of such a distribution will therefore very rarely appear on Distrowatch (and therefore in the eyes of the general public).

Reply #3
I'm OK with this. Distros fall apart when they become too popular and wieldy to maintain. In my opinion, it's better to be a part of a smaller/niche community where there's less drama and demands.

Reply #4
I'm OK with this. Distros fall apart when they become too popular and wieldy to maintain. In my opinion, it's better to be a part of a smaller/niche community where there's less drama and demands.
In France we say: "Pour vivre heureux, il vaut mieux vivre caché" ("To live happily, it is better to live hidden"). :)  *

But there is this other adage: "À bon vin, point d'enseigne" ("A good wine, no sign"). When an innkeeper served good wine, it was not necessary to indicate it on a sign, everyone ended up knowing about it.