Skip to main content
Topic: Is there any issues without systemd and xorg running qemu? (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any issues without systemd and xorg running qemu?

Just a quick question to anyone who is running this setup or has experience before I actually reformat my SSD and install qemu. When running such unusal setups it's better to be prepared than to be without a system that has my files and software trying to troubleshoot an issue that few people documented online (or maybe nobody)

In short if you've done this: running hardened artix kernel with extra tuning for max security, lvm full encryption including grub and boot, wayland, qemu, libvirt and virt-manager. Are there any issues I will be running into or will it just likely work?

So far running in a test setup in VM looks without problems except that I can't test virtualization or full config on a vm because it has no real hardware.

Thanks

Re: Is there any issues without systemd and xorg running qemu?

Reply #1
I don't have any hardening setup, but qemu is working without any issue while  I use it heavily.
It should be possible to test virtualization in a vm. Did you try?
artist

Re: Is there any issues without systemd and xorg running qemu?

Reply #2
I do use xorg, and don't run hardened linux, so take this for what it's worth...

It's been a while since I set up qemu, but had no issues. I followed Mental Outlaw's guide on installing qemu on Artix (he uses openrc, but I made simple adjustments to his guide to use runit). I do recall running into an issue with the default.xml file in /usr/share/libvirt/networks, but after taking a look around, I found what I needed. I also wrote up a brief guide on how I did it:

install_qemu_on_artix.txt

mental_outlaw_qemu_artix_guide