Skip to main content
Topic: Artix doesn't see any ethernet interface (Read 331 times) previous topic - next topic

Artix doesn't see any ethernet interface

Hello everyone,
I've installed Artix with runit and xfce because x it has x already configured, my intention is to remove xfce and install a tiling window manager.
When I booted it for the first time, it detected my ethernet interface as eth0 and everything worked without any issue. All I did was copying some stuff from my home and root folders from a previous debian installation (bashrc, neovim configs, deownloads, documents...), remove xfce and update packages. After rebooting, it wouldn't detect any eth interface.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also have a artix server with runit and I use dhcpcd and connman, ethernet works fine.

I tried mounting it from the installer usb and updating stuff with pacman -r /mnt. I also installed networkmanager, another dhcp client, nothing really seems to work.

Am I missing something ?

Re: Artix doesn't see any ethernet interface

Reply #1
Find out your ethernet adapter using
`lspci -v`. Check your `dmesg` and see whether there are any errors related to that adapter.
and make sure you have `linux-firmware` package installed.

Re: Artix doesn't see any ethernet interface

Reply #2
As requested, my interface and dmesg output:
and linux-firmware:

Edit: I forgot to add, but also, my tty has a lower resolution than it should. (solved by reinstalling grub)
Edit 2: The issue got solved. I don't know what did solve it, but I'll share what I did
  • Booted the live usb, mounted my partitions (/mnt and /mnt/boot).
for i in /dev /dev/pts /proc /sys /sys/firmware/efi/efivars /run; do sudo mount -B $i /mnt$i; done
(this is necessary for reinstalling grub when working from chroot)
  • Reinstalled linux and linux-firmware with "pacman -r /mnt -S linux linux-firmware"
  • artix-chroot /mnt
  • And reinstalled  grub by following steps from the Artix Main/Installation wiki:
pacman -S grub os-prober efibootmgr
grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot --bootloader-id=grub
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
  • Finally, exited chroot and booted into my os.