Skip to main content
Topic: Please move artix-archlinux-support to galaxy (Read 500 times) previous topic - next topic

Please move artix-archlinux-support to galaxy

I need artix-archlinux-support but not the universe junk.

Re: Please move artix-archlinux-support to galaxy

Reply #1
What is forcing you to install anything else from the universe repo? Artix-archlinux-support is not necessary for running an Artix system, so I doubt it will moved back to galaxy.

Reply #2
1. Enable the Universe repo in /etc/pacman.conf
2. Install what you need
3. Comment out the Universe repo in /etc/pacman.conf

Be careful about what you mix and match from the Arch repos with Artix.  You may get into dependency issues faster than you can imagine.

Reply #3
1. Enable the Universe repo in /etc/pacman.conf
2. Install what you need
3. Comment out the Universe repo in /etc/pacman.conf

Be careful about what you mix and match from the Arch repos with Artix.  You may get into dependency issues faster than you can imagine.
I wouldn't recommend that since you will run into problems when artix-archlinux-support package gets updated and you will not receive any updates.

Reply #4
archlinux-keyring, archlinux-mirrorlist, etc. can't be added to the official repos because it interferes with the building of our own packages. Surprise systemd dependencies (which do happen from time to time) can go unnoticed because those packages will just pickup the archlinux-support and generally build successfully.

Reply #5
I wouldn't recommend that since you will run into problems when artix-archlinux-support package gets updated and you will not receive any updates.

Then renable it, update what you need, and disable it again.  Think of the activity as a lightswitch.