Skip to main content
Topic: While on the topic of Sylpheed... (Read 319 times) previous topic - next topic

While on the topic of Sylpheed...

Artix Linux , Kernel=6.0.7-artix1-1 on x86_64,
DM=Unknown, DE=KDE, ST=x11,grub2, GPT, BIOS-boot

Sylpheed WAS working fine until something knocked it out, now I cannot delete it, or install it, or launch it.
NB. I just updated with pacman -Sy & pacman -Su which may or may not be a factor

# pacman -Qe > mypaxfile.txt
gets to reveal sylpheed 3.7.0-6 is there

doing a search with KFind shows it's there

https://i.imgur.com/fbmIyAd.png

Somehow the missing libcrypto.so.1.1 exists only in a completely unrelated and remote
TorBrowser folder

Code: [Select]
# pacman -S libcrypto
error: could not register 'system' database (database already registered)
error: could not register 'world' database (database already registered)
error: could not register 'galaxy' database (database already registered)
error: target not found: libcrypto

WHERE is sylpheed looking for libcrypto?  Maybe I could just link the TOR edition of it to there?

TIA

-- Every day of the week I boot a different (Linux) OS, my email client is Sylpheed and it has a folder link in every one of these systems pointing to a single real folder on a remote data drive. I nominate Sylpheed for the Nobel prize of Compuke-Conviviality and expect every one of my apps to behave this way or soon be gone from my computer.

Who, has loved us more?

Re: While on the topic of Sylpheed...

Reply #1
>I just updated with pacman -Sy & pacman -Su which may or may not be a factor
>Somehow the missing libcrypto.so.1.1 exists only in a completely unrelated and remote TorBrowser folder

That libcrypto error is from the recent move to openssl 3, try installing openssl-1.1

Re: While on the topic of Sylpheed...

Reply #2
That libcrypto error is from the recent move to openssl 3, try installing openssl-1.1

Thank you, that did the job. I presume that openssl was installed already, so I'm a little confused.
The last update didn't bring it up to 1.1?

Who, has loved us more?