Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Error while running pacman -Suy (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Error while running pacman -Suy

While updating my packages, I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
error: failed retrieving file 'lib32-glibc-2.37-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' from mirrors.dotsrc.org : The requested URL returned error: 500
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
If I'm not mistaken, a 500 error means that the server that received the request had trouble processing it. But I am not getting any more information besides this. What information should I get from pacman to see what is going on? If it is a problem on the repos, is anybody else having trouble today updating their system? Thanks in advance!

Re: Error while running pacman -Suy

Reply #1
when doing an update this morning using octopi, it did error, however i just did it at the cli a few minutes later without issue. I just reinstalled the package less than 1 minute ago, and all is still good.   If you try again, all good now?

Re: Error while running pacman -Suy

Reply #2
Huh, you are right @gavincc , I was able to update now without issues. Maybe it was a temporal issue on the repos' servers. Thanks, I will mark this as solved now, but I guess if anyone wants to give their two cents they would be more than welcome to do so.