Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: libreoffice-still: Missing '/usr/bin/libreoffice' executable. (Read 313 times) previous topic - next topic

libreoffice-still: Missing '/usr/bin/libreoffice' executable.

Current omniverse/libreoffice-still (version 7.4.6.2-1.2) misses the /usr/bin/libreoffice executable. It only provides /usr/bin/libreoffice7.4, which is a symlink to /opt/libreoffice7.4/program/soffice.

Before the last upgrade, /usr/bin/libreoffice was available.

That breaks a lot of things that rely on a stable executable name. The current executable name seems to change with every libreoffice version.

I hereby request that /usr/bin/libreoffice is restored, it can be a simple symlink to /usr/bin/libreoffice7.4 whatever is suiting.

Regards!

Re: libreoffice-still: Missing '/usr/bin/libreoffice' executable.

Reply #1
I’ve noticed the same thing with universe/libreoffice-fresh. I guess it would be easier to replace liborcus 0.18.1 with 0.17.2.4 in World repo.

'/usr/bin/libreoffice' symlink and 'liborcus' version do not depend on each othe

Reply #2
I’ve noticed the same thing with universe/libreoffice-fresh. I guess it would be easier to replace liborcus 0.18.1 with 0.17.2.4 in World repo.

I don't see that missing symlink and liborcus' version depend on each other. You can still statically link liborcus into the binary and provide /usr/bin/libreoffice.

But, generally "speaking", yes, I also would love to see to have it not so much statically linked as it is now (much larger) and that the dependencies are not messed upp so often.

Regards!