Skip to main content
Topic: Dolphin and gwenview does not upen up from JDownloader prompt. (Read 405 times) previous topic - next topic

Dolphin and gwenview does not upen up from JDownloader prompt.

"Open Download Directory" and "Open File" does not work for Dolphin and gwenview. I tested it on Virtualbox for 2 fresh installs and there is no issue so it is highly unlikely that this is a problem with JDownloader. When I change to Nemo or other image viewer there is no bug. Any ideas where this problem comes from? It used to work.

Re: Dolphin and gwenview does not upen up from JDownloader prompt.

Reply #1
Isn't JDownloader a Java application program? This unfortunately further extends your field of search, not only from the kde libraries (who seem to constantly get small issues from now and then in the past few months) but also with your java runtime - that probably updated too.

Possibly enable gremlins (only if you can deal with it's potential issues) and switch to an LTS version of jre (i assume you're using system jre-openjdk)

Reply #2
I downloaded https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jre-lts and set it using archlinux-java but it did not help... I downloaded Dolphin from the Flathub and it works but if I use Dolphin from an Artix repo it does not... Some different apps also do not work. For m4a files Elisa does not start up but Vlc or Quod Libet starts.

Very strange... I switched back to jdk-19-openjdk and once prompt "Open Download Directory" worked but only once... and then it stopped working.

Reply #3
I'm assuming you already tried with jre17-openjdk and jre11-openjdk right?
Have you tried changing the file manager altogether? as i'm afraid flatpak ver. won't take the place of all the libraries. there are nice ones out there like doublecmd.
And honestly from there on, after you tried those, only the dev can help you.

Reply #4
I'm assuming you already tried with jre17-openjdk and jre11-openjdk right?
Have you tried changing the file manager altogether? as i'm afraid flatpak ver. won't take the place of all the libraries. there are nice ones out there like doublecmd.
And honestly from there on, after you tried those, only the dev can help you.
Yes, I tried with both jre17-openjdk and jre11-openjdk..
I tried Elisa, KWrite and gwenview from the flathub and all of them WORKS! So I think it is issue with Artix packages. So far only they do not work with JD2.
Nemo from artix packages works.