Skip to main content
Topic: Extremely persistent rfkill problem. rfkill softblocks wifi (Read 361 times) previous topic - next topic

Extremely persistent rfkill problem. rfkill softblocks wifi

Hello people, I have the classic issue with rfkill where it softblocks my wifi at every boot (I'm using iwd). The problem is, I've tried everything under the sun and the problem still persists, here's everything I've tried:

Blacklisting a few wifi modules  at /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf such as hp_wmi, acer_wmi, wmi and many more, which eventually just killed my wifi entirely.
Setting rfkill's default state to options rfkill master_switch_mode=2 options rfkill default_state=1 at /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf.
Using tlp's DEVICES_TO_ENABLE_ON_STARTUP="wifi"
Blacklisting rfkill itself.
Putting "/usr/sbin/rfkill unblock wifi" at /etc/rc.local
And perhaps a few others I cannot recall.

The interesting thing is, IT WORKS WITH NETWORKMANAGER, exclusively, I do not know how nm is able to fix this.
I know I could just use nm at this point, but I'd rather not, and that isn't the point anyways.

Re: Extremely persistent rfkill problem. rfkill softblocks wifi

Reply #1
Try /etc/s6/rc.local instead of /etc/rc.local

According to the wiki
/etc/s6/rc.local - file for executing arbitrary shell commands on bootup (any shell scripts in /etc/local.d suffixed with *.start are executed on bootup and those with *.stop are executed on shutdown)