Skip to main content
Topic: Issue with nm-dispatcher.  (Read 436 times) previous topic - next topic

Issue with nm-dispatcher.

Hey!! nm-dispatcher: caught signal 15, shutting down, I am getting this issue when I do ( loginctl reboot or poweroff ) and it goes hang then I've to force shutdown by pressing power botton. I don't like have a issue like this how i can fix does anybody knows?

I am on artix Linux s6 base editon. Everything work almost fine expect this.

Re: Issue with nm-dispatcher.

Reply #1
I'm guessing this service is networkmanager. What happens if you manually bring down networkmanager before shutting down (s6-rc -d change NetworkManager)?

Reply #2
yes, that service was networkmanager however i haven't tried manually bring down networkmanager before shutting down, but i think it will work.
But i my opinion this service has some kind of issue with S6 init.
And i am not on s6 anymore So i cant give you more details but sometimes when i did try to power on my machine on that time after grub my pc got hang  and nothing show up then i had to reboot by pressing power botton.

Reply #3
It's possible there's something wrong with the service file, yes. I wasn't suggesting that as a fix; I just wanted to isolate where the problem was. But I guess since you're not on it anymore; there's no more debugging that can be done (I can't reproduce the issue).

Reply #4
dinit works better than s6 init, at least less issues.