Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: login.microsoftonline.com gives temporary failure in name resolution (Read 458 times) previous topic - next topic

login.microsoftonline.com gives temporary failure in name resolution

All other network traffic works perfectly but I can't connect to login.microsoftonline.com. I'm using runit, with connman+wpa for network manager. I've changed browsers, so it's not a browser issue. I can access it on my phone so it's not an issue from their side wither. Afaik I don't remember setting up a firewall at all. I've scoured the whole internet for possible solutions, but that's a bit hard since I can't pinpoint what exactly is the problem in the first place since all other sites work.

Please refrain from commenting on using microsoft services, I'm required to use them by my university administration.

Re: login.microsoftonline.com gives temporary failure in name resolution

Reply #1
What does it resolve to in your runit box?

Reply #2
Please refrain from commenting on using microsoft services, I'm required to use them by my university administration.

lol

If you are obliged by the university administration to use microsoft services, you should also ask there for a solution and not here.

Nobody is forcing you to use Artix.

"Ceterum censeo M$ esse delendam"
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Reply #3
I think I saw you post on Reddit as well, reporting that switching DNS servers solved the issue.

Reply #4
To get connman to stop overwriting resolv.conf, you can add the line

Code: [Select]
mkdir -p /var/run/connman

to the runit service's conf file.

See this older thread.