Skip to main content
Topic: Second user not 'chooseable' in sddm (Read 146 times) previous topic - next topic

Second user not 'chooseable' in sddm

I have an artix install here with KDE Plasma and SDDM. I've been using this system for a while now with no issues, till now. I have to add another user to the system, as we get an intern for the upcoming weeks. So I added a guest user to my machine, so he can use it as well at his first day to google stuff(his machine is on the way and will be set up shortly, but till then I'd like to give him the ability to browse the web. So I added a second user "guest" with the command "useradd". I set the password with "passwd" and try to log in on another tty (Strg+Alt+F2), which works just fine. I reboot the machine and get to the sddm login screen. There the second user is available, as a second protrait is shown with the name of the second user. But I can't get sddm to select this second user. Clicking on the portrait does nothing. Pressing tab to get there does nothing. So how am I supposed to choose the second login? I guess just clicking on the portrait should do the trick, no? And if so, why is mine not clickable? Any hints are highly appreciated ;)

btw: sddm logfile looks fine. No errors in it.
as always, correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Re: Second user not 'chooseable' in sddm

Reply #1
nevermind. Apparently you are supposed to use the arrow keys to select the user... Whose design decision was that?
as always, correct me if I'm wrong ;)