Skip to main content
Topic: lib32-vulkan-radeon is corrupt (Read 335 times) previous topic - next topic

lib32-vulkan-radeon is corrupt

Pacman complaining about lib32-vulkan-radeon being corrupt and complaining it can't be removed because of Steam. I tried to remove it so I could install it manually but it complained too. What should I do?

Re: lib32-vulkan-radeon is corrupt

Reply #1
https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Troubleshooting#Invalid_or_corrupted_packages_.28PGP_signature.29
I also had the same issue, which persisted after reinstalling the keyrings and clearing the package cache. Steam was crashing when I forced the install with pacman -U or installed the multilib version. But, I did manage to get steam running when I changed the order of the mirrorlist, deleted and updated the sync database and installed the gremlins version of vulkan-radeon and lib32-vulkan-radeon.
Code: [Select]
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/pacman/sync
sudo pacman -Syuu
As for not being able to remove lib32-vulkan-radeon, I would uninstall steam with pacman -Rnsu and reinstall it.

Re: lib32-vulkan-radeon is corrupt

Reply #2
I gave the Artix team some time to update their servers as it seems there is a lot of updating going on and a a couple of days ago I tried to do an upgrade and got an error with libavif and yesterday I got another error with qtermwidget6 so I don't know if my initial lib32-vulkan-radeon issue is resolved or if the libavif one is but I think it is.
I saw threads for the libavif issue and the qtermwidget6 issue so I'm sure they will be resolved. It seems this past week have been a lot of work for the Artix team. I'm such a noob maybe I should move to an easier distro.

Edit:
Can I remove qtermwidget and expect the update installs qtermwidget6 and fix the problem?

Edit #2:
OK so I removed qtermwidget and pacman -Syu and the update went through. I'm about to reboot (famous last words)

Edit #3:
Reboot went fine. I'm inside Steam updating some games. Checked for qtermwidget6 and is not installed. Not sure if I should install qtermwidget6 or if I should reinstall qtermwidget.