Skip to main content
Topic: Recent libxml2 2.13.0-1 made my system completely unstable (Read 807 times) previous topic - next topic

Recent libxml2 2.13.0-1 made my system completely unstable

With recent libxml2-2.13.0-1 update my entire system is unstable, pacman shits itself in the middle of the updates, conky crashes, tixati crashes, librewolf crashes, libvirt crashes... It happens randomly after some time with the error below. Can't find any remedies on the matter, for now I've downgraded to libxml2-2.12.7-1 and that seems to work.

Code: [Select]
[user@pc ~]$ conky
libxml2: getentropy failed with error code 38
Aborted (core dumped)

3dit:
ehr, I should've mentioned that i run xorg/i3wm, linux-zen 6.9.2, nvidia-dkms 555.52.04 beta drivers from aur, sorry for omitting that.

Re: Recent libxml2 2.13.0-1 made my system completely unstable

Reply #1

Thought I'd wait a bit, maybe those pesky GNOME footfags fixed their dumb shit, but no, seems like it is still broken...

Reply #2
I'm getting same problem with Tixati. Stupid footfags.

Reply #3
I don't use tixati but conky and librewolf work all right. xorg/openbox, amdgpu, main kernel. Did you try another kernel?

Reply #4
I don't use tixati but conky and librewolf work all right. xorg/openbox, amdgpu, main kernel. Did you try another kernel?
Yep, I tried LTS, and I'm getting the same errors. Well, I saw interesting HAVE_GETENTROPY preprocessor def, I'll try to compile it with this thing set to 0 when I get home.

Reply #5
I'm on ZEN kernel and it happens