Skip to main content
Topic: [SOLVED]Anyone have kdeconnect working? (Read 1001 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED]Anyone have kdeconnect working?

Raring up for a screen video on installing Artix. Think that many would appreciate knowing its possible to make encrypted lvm installs through the gui installer. Have tricky hardware and would love to cover it for youtube. Trying to get KDE on its feet before getting ducks in a row. Found cups-openrc and networkmanager-openrc but one app is proving hard to figure out.

Kdeconnect:  Looking at mostly blank page on computer side showing "google" only. App on phone shows that I am paired but blank screen. Plugin settings are blank too in the app. Installed sshfs. Verified kde-cli-tools and a kcm package from memory. Not sure how to troubleshoot. Where does one find xsession errors? Did anyone else get this working?

Re: Anyone have kdeconnect working?

Reply #2
Hmmm, While I did drink too much last night I just cloned their git and built without hitch.  Redid app permissions in phone. Build app from git repo, installed and rebooted. Now I have one change on app indictor where I see a line for sending text. In settings I see that I have an inhibit screensaver option as the only item.....  These were not present on installed version before cloning/building/replacing.

SO... I removed app from phone. Rebooted phone, reinstalled app and its 100 oercent now.
Of to get aspirin. Thank you for your help!