Skip to main content
Topic: [SOLVED] How to edit GRUB correctly (Read 1073 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] How to edit GRUB correctly

Hi everyone,

I needed a tip on how to edit GRUB correctly.
I installed the linux-zen kernel and would like to try loading it.
Thanks in advance to those who want to answer me, I have no experience in this regard and neither in Linux in general .. I am a beginner.

P.S. I tried to search the internet, but I'm not so sure I understood correctly, and I wouldn't want to do any harm ....

Re: How to edit GRUB correctly

Reply #3
In my case when I ran:
Code: [Select]
# update-grub
it put the linux-zen kernel at the top of the list so next time I rebooted it used that and I didn't have to edit anything. Sometimes a particular kernel won't be the default and you do need to edit things though, so you should probably read those pages anyway.

Re: How to edit GRUB correctly

Reply #4
In my case when I ran:
Code: [Select]
# update-grub
it put the linux-zen kernel at the top of the list so next time I rebooted it used that and I didn't have to edit anything. Sometimes a particular kernel won't be the default and you do need to edit things though, so you should probably read those pages anyway.

ok, after installing the new kernel with "pacman -S linux-zen" I gave the "update-grub" command and the new kernel loads automatically on startup.
Thank you for your suggestion!

George