Skip to main content
Topic: pulse/libpulse and yaourt (Read 2051 times) previous topic - next topic

pulse/libpulse and yaourt

So i noticed pulseaudio/libpulse pulled in systemd-dummy as a dependency, and I remember that I managed to build libpulse without systemd when using arch-openrc, so I went and did a yaourt -G pulseaudio to build, and what do you know, I was unable to get the package.
yaourt has (in its config file yaourtrc) the option to set AURURL, is there a way to set this to point to the github @  https://github.com/artix-linux ?
i get:
Code: [Select]
The URL https://github.com/artix-linux/rpc.php?v=5&type=info&arg[]=abs&arg[]= (followed by all my aur packages) returned error :404

on the other hand, can you rebuild libpulse/pulseaudio without systemd?
  --disable-systemd-daemon
                          Disable optional systemd daemon (socket activation)
                          support
  --disable-systemd-login Disable optional systemd login support
  --disable-systemd-journal
                          Disable optional systemd journal support

i was able to get the PKGBUILD from the github but fails to build for me because of perl-xml
>> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool

Re: pulse/libpulse and yaourt

Reply #1
For the perl-xml thing, you have to rebuild all your modules because of the perl update. Install cpanminus if you don't have it already.

# cpanm XML::Parser
That should do it although if it fails for some reason you can navigate to the directory in /.cpan/path/to/module and build it manually with perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, and make install.

Reply #2
i had to do three steps to solve the perl error:

ln -s /usr/include/locale.h /usr/include/xlocale.h
Run "cpan XML::XPath" as a root
pacman -S perl-xml-parser perl-xml-xpa
I read some posts on archlinux forums and other pages that xlocale.h is no longer provided by glibc so I had to create the link but they could be wrong? I'll try to build pulse now

Reply #3
xlocale.h is located in /usr/include/wx-3.0/wx on my machine. I'm not sure what package provides that directory. Possibly wxPython?

Reply #4
The pulse audio problem I think is?
There are two pulseaudio packages an old one in world repo and a newer one in extra
If some dev could remove the world repo one I think most problems would be solved.

Reply #5
There are two pulseaudio packages an old one in world repo and a newer one in extra
world is at 11.1 now i believe, and it does have:
     --with-systemduserunitdir=no \
     --enable-systemd-login=no \

just to be on the safe side i added to PKGBUILD @ the ./configure section:
     --disable-systemd-daemon \
     --disable-systemd-journal \
and i was able to remove rtkit, systemd-dummy and libsystemd-dummy, so i'm all set now

Reply #6
world is at 11.1 now i believe, and it does have:
     --with-systemduserunitdir=no \
     --enable-systemd-login=no \

just to be on the safe side i added to PKGBUILD @ the ./configure section:
     --disable-systemd-daemon \
     --disable-systemd-journal \
and i was able to remove rtkit, systemd-dummy and libsystemd-dummy, so i'm all set now
You are sort of right it is 11.1 but only in world testing in world master it is still 10 and looks quite different.

Reply #7
This might help somebody with the problem:
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool

The XML module is included in /usr/lib/perl5/5.26/vendor_perl/ and it is not found by Perl, so I soft-linked vendor_perl into /usr/lib/perl5/ and that did the trick

For the newbies, as root:

# cd /usr/lib/perl5/
# ln -s 5.26/vendor_perl .

Regards