Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Weekly ISOs install won't start (Read 1008 times) previous topic - next topic

Weekly ISOs install won't start

Hello everyone,
I have been using Plasma edition fow couple of weeks now and I am happy with it. Everything works so far, no issues. No systemd and no pulseaudio (I can uninstall it without affecting any dependencies, I hope it stays like that).
I wanted to try s6 init as I have read lot about it and never had chance to try. Unfortunately weekly ISOs have issue, installer does not run. Tried Plasma and XFCE, OpenRc and s6, none of them can start installer.

Is this a known issue and if so, is there a way to fix?

Thanks.

Re: Weekly ISOs install won't start

Reply #1
You could download the community Artix-Plasma-s6 edition here:

https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/artix-linux/iso/

These are tested versions whereas the weekly builds are not tested and therefore sometimes may not  work properly.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #2
Thank you.
Unfortunately those older images can't even boot on my laptop, laptop just shuts off. And this was not just with Artix.

I hope issue is fixed in next weekly

You could download the community Artix-Plasma-s6 edition here:

https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/artix-linux/iso/

These are tested versions whereas the weekly builds are not tested and therefore sometimes may not  work properly.

Best regards.

Reply #3
Thank you.
Unfortunately those older images can't even boot on my laptop, laptop just shuts off. And this was not just with Artix.

I hope issue is fixed in next weekly
Yes, well hopefully that will work out for you. :-)

I sometimes test the weekly builds, but only the plasma openrc versions as that is what I am familiar with.

Best regards.
We should try to be kind to everyone.....we are all fighting some sort of battle.

Reply #4
Tried Plasma and XFCE, OpenRc and s6, none of them can start installer.

Is this a known issue and if so, is there a way to fix?
Probably some dependency of calamares got updated and it needs to be rebuilt. Could you run it in a terminal and post the error here?
Code: [Select]
$ sudo calamares -d

Reply #5
Probably some dependency of calamares got updated and it needs to be rebuilt. Could you run it in a terminal and post the error here?
$ sudo calamares -d
Hi, thank you
Here is the output

artix:[artix]:~$ sudo calamares -d
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.445: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.445: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.446: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.446: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.447: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.447: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.448: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.448: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.449: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.449: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.451: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(calamares:1964): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:26:05.451: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

16:26:05 [6]: Calamares::Settings::Settings(const QString&, bool)
    Using Calamares settings file at "/etc/calamares/settings.conf"
16:26:05 [2]: WARNING: ..  Required settings.conf key oem-setup is missing.
16:26:05 [2]: WARNING: ..  Required settings.conf key quit-at-end is missing.
16:26:05 [6]: void Logger::setupLogfile()
    Using log file: "/root/.cache/calamares/session.log"
16:26:05 [6]: void CalamaresApplication::init()
    Calamares version: 3.2.25
16:26:05 [6]: void CalamaresApplication::init()
            languages: "ar, as, ast, be, bg, ca, cs_CZ, da, de, el, en, en_GB, eo, es, es_MX, es_PR, et, eu, fi_FI, fr, gl, he, hi, hr, hu, id, is, it_IT, ja, ko, lt, ml, mr, nb, nl, pl, pt_BR, pt_PT, ro, ru, sk, sl, sq, sr, sr@latin, sv, th, tr_TR, uk, zh_CN, zh_TW"
16:26:05 [6]: bool CalamaresUtils::initQmlModulesDir()
    Using Calamares QML directory "/usr/share/calamares/qml"
16:26:05 [6]: Calamares::Branding::Branding(const QString&, QObject*)
    Using Calamares branding file at "/usr/share/calamares/branding/artix/branding.desc"
16:26:05 [2]: void Calamares::Branding::initSimpleSettings(const YAML::Node&)
    WARNING:Branding module-setting *windowPlacement* interpreted as "free"
16:26:05 [2]: void Calamares::flavorAndSide(const YAML::Node&, const char*, Calamares::Branding::PanelFlavor&, Calamares::Branding::PanelSide&)
    WARNING:Branding setting for sidebar is missing, using "widget" "left"
16:26:05 [2]: void Calamares::flavorAndSide(const YAML::Node&, const char*, Calamares::Branding::PanelFlavor&, Calamares::Branding::PanelSide&)
    WARNING:Branding setting for navigation is missing, using "widget" "bottom"
16:26:05 [2]: void CalamaresUtils::explainYamlException(const YAML::Exception&, const QByteArray&, const QString&)
    WARNING:YAML error  invalid node; first invalid key: "slideshowAPI" in "/usr/share/calamares/branding/artix/branding.desc" .
16:26:05 [1]: void bail(const QString&, const QString&)
    ERROR:FATAL in "/usr/share/calamares/branding/artix/branding.desc"
     invalid node; first invalid key: "slideshowAPI"
artix:[artix]:~$