Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: VirtualBox Host Modules (Read 1994 times) previous topic - next topic

VirtualBox Host Modules

I am using linux-zen. Which one virtualbox-host-modules should I install?
:: There are 3 providers available for VIRTUALBOX-HOST-MODULES:
:: Repository galaxy
   1) virtualbox-host-modules-artix
:: Repository community
   2) virtualbox-host-dkms  3) virtualbox-host-modules-arch

Re: VirtualBox Host Modules

Reply #2
virtualbox-host-dkms works fine with linux-zen. Be sure to have linux-zen-headers installed, otherwise the module won't be built.

Reply #3
virtualbox-host-dkms works fine, and should and must works with ALL installed kernel, if headers are installed.
of course you use as primary source artixlinux's repo galaxy!

mark as solved if your problem gone.

Reply #5
There's no vitualbox-host-modules-dkms in galaxy repo. Should I install it from Arch's community repository?
of course

In your case ''virtualbox-host-dkms" will offer only one version for install  8)
Code: [Select]
pacman -S virtualbox-host-dkms

P.S: vitualbox-host-modules-dkms does not exist ;-)  feel free read another topic in this forum. in last 5 days is your question the 3. question about modules. all topis was resolved.

Reply #6
in other words:

you  can always install virtualbox-host/guest modules for  linux-zen or any linux-something with virtualbox-host/guest-dkms only! why? Look at the dependencies!  ;)

virtualbox-host-modules-arch need linux, and same is with virtualbox-host-modules-artix. so your linux-zen is not 'linux' :-)

Reply #7
in other words:

you  can always install virtualbox-host/gues modules for  linux-zen or any linux-something with virtualbox-host/guest-dkms only! why? Look at the dependencies!  ;)

virtualbox-host-modules-arch need linux, and same is with virtualbox-host-modules-artix. so your linux-zen is not 'linux' :-)

Thank you very much!