Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] binfmt.sh error (Read 689 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] binfmt.sh error

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/7) Registering binary formats...
/usr/lib/openrc/sh/binfmt.sh: line 33: /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/: Is a directory
/usr/lib/openrc/sh/binfmt.sh: line 35: echo: write error: Invalid argument
binfmt: invalid entry on line 3 of `/usr/lib/binfmt.d/wine.conf'
error: command failed to execute correctly
(2/7) Reloading device manager configuration...
calling: control

Re: binfmt.sh error

Reply #1
put the whole update's log here properly. You're probably upgrading wine, but it's not 100% obvious. Thank you

EDIT: no, it's not wine

Reply #3
you upgraded wine-tkg-staging-fsync-git....
Our wine is adapted  = removed systemd parts. If your wine is not adapted, it can cause this error (no serious error).

That doesn't change the situation, it's not an artixlinux bug ;-)
Marked as solved, because it's not our bug/error.  Packages outside our repo you have to modify yourself ;-)

Reply #4
ok thank you. noted... i do understand the notion althought it seems a tad inflexible.

Reply #5
yeah, it's not completely simple, systemd grows even where it doesn't necessarily have to be. Binfmt is used in Wine so you can run some dos programs, if I understood correctly. But they put binfmt systemd's service straight there.

Reply #6
For AUR packages (but this doesn't seem to be either in the repos or AUR) you could ask on the comments there. I don't know where you got this package, but there are some GitHub repos that say you can ask there for build assistance, providing you are using a pacman based distro. It doesn't say anything about non-systemd but if you try to build their version you should be eligible for assistance from what it says here, this seems to be the most up-to-date one:
https://github.com/Frogging-Family/wine-tkg-git
Also the Artix Wine pkgbuild might help:
https://gitea.artixlinux.org/artixlinux/packages-lib32/src/commit/e75dba07272c346e07545bfc07f2656b424dbd72/wine/trunk