Skip to main content
Topic: Request: QTSIXA (Read 1811 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: QTSIXA

Hello hello hello! I'm sorry if this is the wrong category, is this the right category for making requests for software to be added to the Artix repo? I asked this question before & was told I could ask here or on github. I've got a special modified version of QTSIXA I'd like added to the Artix Repo, it allows for the connecting of real AND fake PS3 bluetooth controllers.

www.github.com/supertypo/qtsixa.git <-- is the one. There is qtsixa-git in the arch AUR but it does NOT work with fake controllers!
I've compiled it & installed it & it works perfectly ^_^

These are the dependencies:
 libusb-compat  pyqt4-common  python-pyqt4 python-sip  python2-pyqt4 python2-sip sip bluez-utils-compat bluez-tools bluez-plugins bluez-libs bluez-hid2hci bluez-firmware bluez-cups bluez bluez-openrc
(It might be able to be done without some of these bluez dependencies, but I'm not so sure so I included them.. bluez-utils-compat however is a MUST-have for qtsixa, as qtsixa uses a deprecated tool.)
The commands are: sudo sixpair   <-- pairs the controller when plugged in via USB
sudo sixad --start  <-- starts the sixaxis daemon
sudo sixad --stop <--- stops the sixaxis daemon, also if bluetooth isn't already working afterwards you just have to:
sudo rc-service bluetooth restart

Re: Request: QTSIXA

Reply #1
I don't think Artix will build packages that aren't in the Arch official repos. Surely not right now. One way you could get it done is to convince Arch to make it an official package.

Reply #2
Well they added bluez-utils-compat & that was only in the AUR... I dunno.
What I'm suggesting is already in the AUR, but its not the exact same version - the version I'm recommending is better :D

Reply #3
Then you could begin by making and maintaining an AUR package of the version that you like.

Reply #4
I'd need to make an Arch account, I can't because I don't have Arch installed on any of my PC's so that I can get that code thing for the account. I guess that's something I'll have to get around to doing. Was disappointed to learn I couldnt do it with the Raspberry Pi Arch..

Reply #6
No just create a AUR login account if you have no success PM me.
The forum for a request to create a account the test Q  copy paste  in terminal press enter it gives the answer Or it used to.

Reply #7
I need a SSH public key & PGP key fingerprint.. How do I get those? I tried googling it but didn't really see any solutions..