Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Some error when update artix-gtk-presets (Read 577 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Some error when update artix-gtk-presets

Today i update the  system and when "artix-gtk-presets" package started to update i received this error

"(1/2) Updating system dconf databases...
/etc/dconf/db/mate.d: panel: [org/mate/panel/objects/browser]: launcher-location: invalid value: '/usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Epiphany.desktop: 0-51:unterminated string constant
error: failed to update at least one of the databases
error: command failed to execute correctly
(2/2) Compiling GSettings XML schema files..."

Is this related to the fact i run xfce and not mate or gnome DE? Could this be related to the fact that currently firefox always complains is not default browser even if in fact it's (this happened after i tried chromium and somehow ff was not considered my default browser)
For me this error looks beningn but i wanted to double-check in case it's something more serious.  :o  Regards and a great day!

Re: Some error when update artix-gtk-presets

Reply #1
File /etc/dconf/db/mate.d/panel, lines 27-32:
Code: [Select]
[org/mate/panel/objects/browser]
launcher-location='/usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Epiphany.desktop
toplevel-id='bottom'
position=1
object-type='launcher'
PANEL-right-stick=false

A single quote really is missing at the end of line 28.

Reply #2
Awesome i edited the file adding '  at the end of line 28. Thank you very much for the solution. :)  :)  :)

Reply #3
Unfortunately, I'm afraid this is not the solution. The package artix-gtk-presets needs to be modified on the package server, as when it is reinstalled with pacman -S artix-gtk-presets or updated, the file is simply rewritten back. This will likely be fixed soon.

Reply #4
Ok you're right modifying that ' isn't really a fix. Don't know if i should mark it solved or not. :-\