Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Inkscape - libpoppler version trouble  (Read 2685 times) previous topic - next topic

Inkscape - libpoppler version trouble

Hi,

After the last update inkscape fails to start du to dependency to libpoppler.so.72 is missing.

Installed on the system is poppler 0.60.1-1 and I can find libpoppler.so.71 but not 71 under /usr/lib.

Do I need to file a bug (and where)?

// Erik
I take full responsibility of my Linux systems - I just need some help from time to time.

Re: Inkscape - libpoppler version trouble

Reply #1
You must install poppler from [world-testing], the one in [world] is older than Arch's [extra]. It seems the newer poppler in Arch moved out of [testing] and into [extra], causing an inkscape rebuild.  Uncomment [world-testing] and issue
Code: [Select]
pacman -Sy world-testing/poppler
Then comment out [world-testing] again.

Reply #2
Well, that didn't really work for me;

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: poppler-glib: installing poppler (0.61.1-1) breaks dependency 'poppler=0.60.1'
:: poppler-qt5: installing poppler (0.61.1-1) breaks dependency 'poppler=0.60.1'

I take full responsibility of my Linux systems - I just need some help from time to time.

Reply #3
:: poppler-glib: installing poppler (0.61.1-1) breaks dependency 'poppler=0.60.1'

The command failed because there's still package that still depends on poppler=0.60.1. You need to find those and uninstall them. You can find easily with pactree command :
pactree -r poppler=0.60.1

I think I figured it out. @Erik R , you need to run this :

sudo pacman -S world-testing/{poppler,poppler-glib,poppler-qt5}
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Reply #4
With a strong feeling of entering a dependencyhell I tried the solution you suggested and it seems to work  :P

I am a KDE user and then Qt-messing might be trobulesome. Thanks good for btrfs so I at least have a fallback snapp just in case ;)

So what will happen when poppler in [world] becomes updated to a later version that the one I have in testing? Is it just to reinstall them from world?

# pacman -S world/{poppler,poppler-glib,poppler-qt5}

Thanks for the help!

Reply #5
Is it just to reinstall them from world?

No need, as the new version of those packages in [world later is just the same as the packages in world-testing, so reinstalling them is redundant..
If I can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!