Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Brother MFC-930CDN: Print jobs are completed - nothing is printed (Read 576 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Brother MFC-930CDN: Print jobs are completed - nothing is printed

Hi, I figured out how to install a Brother MFC-930CDN over the LAN network, but I still cannot print.
Here is the problem.
This is a Japanese Brother printer. I can use it in Debian, but I recently switched to Artix and I cannot complete the installation.
Since there were no drivers available for Arch, I took the two following files from my Debian installation:
- brmfc940cdn.ppd
- brlpdwrappermfc930cdn
I copied them respectively in /usr/share/ppd/cupfilters and /usr/lib/cups/filters, then I changed the owner and group to root (as they were in Debian).

Now, when I try to print a test page, I get this:
ID   Name   User   Size   Pages   State
Brother_MFC-930CDN-79     Unknown     Withheld     1k     Unknown     completed at Thu 21 Jan 2021 11:26:38 AM JST

I wonder if I have to edit the ppd file or something. (Or worse, if my procedure is completely wrong.)

Any help would be appreciated...

Re: Brother MFC-930CDN printer: Print jobs are completed but nothing is printed

Reply #2
Thank you alium. Now I remember why I tried with the debian files instead fo the arch ones...
With
yay -S brother-mfc-930cdn
I get:
error downloading sources: brother-mfc-930cdn

Reply #3
one license file is changed, but nobody changed md5sum in PKGBUILD. i build the package, you can download it from https://github.com/alium/share/blob/master/brother-mfc-930cdn-1.1.2_2-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst and install with pacman -U

edit: if yay failed,you can still download PKGBUILD from AUR and modify him and build manually with makepkg command.

Reply #4
Thank you alium, it worked!