Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Time zone resetting on reboot (Read 1636 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Time zone resetting on reboot

Reply #15
If you do pacman -Fy / pacman -Fl artix-live-base / runit it will tell you the file list of those, probably you have something from them installed. Certainly those packages could give this sort of result, basically unless you want to turn your system into a live CD you would never install them, just install artools packages.for the tools, and download those live ones manually and untar the packages if you want to examine the contents.
e.g.
Code: [Select]
tmp-live/runit$ ag artix
etc/runit/sv/pacman-init/run
4:pacman-key --populate artix 1>&2

usr/lib/rc/sv.d/live
7:        stat_busy "Initializing artix live system"
8:        artix-live #|| stat_die

tmp-live/base$ ag pass
usr/bin/artix-live
91:        gpasswd -a "${LIVEUSER}" autologin &> /dev/null
228:    echo "root:${PASSWORD}" | chroot / chpasswd
233:    echo "${LIVEUSER}:${PASSWORD}" | chroot / chpasswd
236:    echo "Configured live user ${LIVEUSER} with password ${PASSWORD}" >> "${LOGFILE}"
252:    PASSWORD=${PASSWORD:-artix}

usr/share/artools/live.conf
6:# live password
7:PASSWORD=artix
The security model of a live iso assumes a read only system so it isn't going to be very good for a normal rw install. Probably some config from these is still on your system somehow and running at boot.
Windows will disagree over using GMT or local time and put the time wrong by an hour, but it won't change the actual timezone.

Reply #16
Well my PC froze while updating this morning and I had to reboot. Artix wouldn't start after that (something with runit broke) and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I reinstalled this morning, all issues relating to password persitence and timezones are now fixed. Solved I guess.

Reply #17
No, I think there is some passwd bug. While it worked the other day when I posted, having since updated I cannot change the password myself from the one I set then. passwd does not work any more, either with sudo or sudo su, I just updated again and rebooted, no change.
I restored the original password from shadow-:
$ sudo su
# sudo cp shadow shadow.bak
# sudo cp shadow- shadow

Reply #18
No, I think there is some passwd bug. While it worked the other day when I posted, having since updated I cannot change the password myself from the one I set then. passwd does not work any more, either with sudo or sudo su, I just updated again and rebooted, no change.
I restored the original password from shadow-:
$ sudo su
# sudo cp shadow shadow.bak
# sudo cp shadow- shadow

Perhaps you messed up your system while trying to figure out the source of this bug? My system is up to date, and I can change root password without any trouble (it remains changed after reboot, working as intended). I'm on Artix runit now, my system is up to date.

Reply #19
No, sorry, I was typing passwd not passwd username  :-[