Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Live environment won't login (Read 926 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Live environment won't login

Just for context I'm using the weekly iso base image with dinit

As the title says I honestly can't log in, I tend to distro hop a lot so its been a few times since i've installed artix, I am now trying dinit, but can't get past the first step  ;D , yes I've have entered "artix" both for user and pass, doesn't work, tried different variations between root and linux but nope, switched between "nomodeset" option in grub, no bueno, switched between ttys and nope. Could it be corrupted or is there something wrong with me using belenaEtcher for the iso?

Re: Live environment won't login

Reply #1
Don't use Balena Etcher.

It was also mentioned in a recent topic. The first link I gave in this post lists several possible options to create bootable medium.

Update: Just downloaded and tried artix-lxqt-dinit-20220110-x86_64.iso in QEMU, it boots and correctly autologins in the graphical live environment. No password prompts at all.

Code: [Select]
$ md5sum artix-lxqt-dinit-20220110-x86_64.iso
0bbe2d5238921d9f44b37e5a949893e1  artix-lxqt-dinit-20220110-x86_64.iso

Update 2: Ah, you mean base dinit ISO. It indeed has an issue with logging in. Thanks for reporting, this will be looked into. In the meantime, you can use the above ISO to boot into a live environment, and then proceed to install base system from the terminal as though from a tty.

Reply #2
Alright avoiding belena from now on, but the issue still persists, tried using USBImager before you replied which didn't work, same issue. Then I decided to use cat and sadly still the same issue. I'll keep trying a few other commands to image the usb with or switch a different one.

Edit: Ok I'll try that, was typing this up while you replied already.

Reply #3
There was an issue with dinit-rc. Pushed dinit-rc-0.0.31 and the issue should be fixed in the next weekly ISO release. You should be able to log in as root or artix with the password artix. Apologies for the inconvenience.
now only the dinit guy in artix

Reply #4
Yea its alright, I got it setup the way Strajder told me, but thanks for the fix