Skip to main content
Topic: Removing included add-ons in Firefox (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing included add-ons in Firefox

I've recently installed a community edition of Artix on my craptop and so far it's working great, I want to configure Firefox from scratch though and I'm having trouble removing some of the included add-ons.

I've managed to remove AdBlockPlus and NoScript using the terminal but I'm struggling to remove uBlock Origin and Dark Reader, is there a way I can do a fresh install of Firefox or remove these extensions?

Thanks!

Re: Removing included add-ons in Firefox

Reply #1
Since about a week, firefox - and also thunderbird - are available in the standard Artix repos.
Of course these are not bloated with any add-ons.
You might want to give it a try.
artist

Reply #2
If you've had firefox installed before, the plugins/settings/etc are store in your home folder, which may be why you have some already

Reply #3
I've managed to remove AdBlockPlus and NoScript using the terminal but I'm struggling to remove uBlock Origin and Dark Reader, is there a way I can do a fresh install of Firefox or remove these extensions?
firefox-dark-reader, firefox-adblock-plus, firefox-noscript and firefox-ublock-origin are installed system-wide as packages and auto-picked by your firefox. Remove them with pacman and then clean them up from the browser, if any remains are left.