Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Cannot compile DKMS modules (Read 2113 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Nvidia-dkms broken

Reply #15
I just ran into this issue, too. Seems like gcc and gcc-libs upgrading to 11.2.0-3
caused this after inspecting my /var/lib/dkms/nvidia/$VERSION/build/make.log

Reply #16
Sorry, my last reply was misinformed. Seems that the kernel update caused problems- downgrading to 5.16.7 (from 5.16.8 ) seems to have solved the issue temporarily, although I'm now on an arch kernel. Hopefully the package will be updated soon and I can complete an upgrade.

Reply #17
Read other active topics before thinking you are the only one having issues, merging

Re: Cannot compile DKMS modules

Reply #18
Whatever issue is going on here I think knocked out my wifi dongle. Cannot even re-install Linux-Headers normally with the AUR

Reply #19
I am currently building the latest xanmod kernel, which will be built against new gcc toolchain, once it is done you can install it and dkms should work.
Put the following in /etc/pacman.conf
Code: [Select]
[revan-repo]
Server = https://ndowens.ml/$repo/$arch

Once build is done I will upload and edit to say it is available.

Reply #20
I managed to have luck with the 'nvidia' package, but that package doesn't work for linux-lts kernel, so I'd be happy to hear when 'nvidia-dkms' is working again

You need to upgrade your kernel to Arch core/linux-lts 5.15.23-2 while waiting for Artix rebuilds. It's re-built with gcc 11.2.0-3.

Reply #21
For people using linux an update has been pushed and it should also fix this issue.

Reply #23
With linux-lts 5.15.24-1 update everything works, thanks.