Skip to main content
Topic: (solved) Exact method to clone artix default theme (Read 594 times) previous topic - next topic

(solved) Exact method to clone artix default theme

Trying to install artix default dark theme on an artix base runit install. There's a wiki with appropriate documentation on the specific packages that the artix default theme uses such as Arch wiki. I've attempted to install kde plasma with sddm and simply installed those artix themes manually. However not all themes apply correctly like the roboto fonts, login screen, and the taskbar icons don't change. Interestingly I had cinnamon installed as well as plasma x11 and the taskbar icons changed to artix default dark on cinnamon but not plasma. Now you may be asking why not just use the kde plasma gui installer ...I'm having issues with the GUI installing cause hardware problems so that's why I'm defaulting to the manual base install.

All you need to do is install the default artix themes in the above link and that should do it. The base kde package i used was plasma desktop and sddm. I might have goofed the install process by first installing cinnamon and then installed KDE plasma.

Re: Exact method to clone artix default theme

Reply #1
I can't help with an exact method.

But I would try
  • Install the relevant packages from the wiki
  • Extract the iso you want to match the look off
  • From the iso copy /etc/skel to /etc/skel on your install
  • Create a new user
Or some variation of the above.

Never tried it. But may work.  :)

Re: Exact method to clone artix default theme

Reply #2
Copying /etc/skel holds much hope imho
Cat Herders of Linux

Re: (solved) Exact method to clone artix default theme

Reply #4
This, after installing artix-branding:
Code: [Select]
# pacman -Sg artix-branding
Also sddm-theme-artix and enable it.

I didnt copy and paste any skel directories.

On fresh install i manually installed
Code: [Select]
artix-backgrounds
 artix-dark-theme
 artix-desktop-presets
 artix-grub-theme
 artix-gtk-presets
 artix-icons
 artix-qt-presets

along with the default sddm-runit, enabled the service.

Then i installed : artix-branding and then sddm-theme-artix i went into global theme and reapplied artix-dark, then went into gtk application style and selected artix-dark. The login screen is still defaulting to kde plasmas login screen and nothing else has really changed. I think the route i did pretty much clones everything except for the login screen among other small details. ? I'm pretty happy with the current setup i have already and theres not much difference other than the login screen and probably applications i dont use.