Skip to main content
Topic: Wireplumber cannot run for lack of libcamera (Read 3306 times) previous topic - next topic

Wireplumber cannot run for lack of libcamera

had this issue for a while but someone else brought It up in another thread.

Code: [Select]
wireplumber
C 18:28:01.055664               GLib (null):(null):(null): Failed to set scheduler settings: Operation not permitted
M 18:28:01.059589        script/alsa alsa.lua:389:chunk: reserve-device plugin is not connected to D-Bus, disabling device reservation
M 18:28:01.060758          wp-device ../wireplumber/lib/wp/device.c:619:wp_spa_device_new_from_spa_factory: SPA handle 'api.libcamera.enum.manager' could not be loaded; is it installed?
M 18:28:01.060765   script/libcamera libcamera.lua:168:chunk: PipeWire's libcamera SPA missing or broken. libcamera not supported.
W 18:28:02.671824  spa.bluez5.native ../pipewire/spa/plugins/bluez5/backend-native.c:1456:sco_listen: listen(): Address already in use
W 18:28:02.672308  spa.bluez5.native ../pipewire/spa/plugins/bluez5/backend-native.c:1940:register_profile_reply: RegisterProfile() failed: org.bluez.Error.NotPermitted
W 18:28:02.672324  spa.bluez5.native ../pipewire/spa/plugins/bluez5/backend-native.c:1940:register_profile_reply: RegisterProfile() failed: org.bluez.Error.NotPermitted
M 18:28:22.765375 script/policy-node policy-node.lua:587:chunk: 1 pending linkable(s) not activated in 20sec. This should never happen.

Checking out libcamera packages in AUR
Code: [Select]
yay libcamera
3 aur/libcamera-clang-git r3203.76bd9f3d-1 (+0 0.00) (Orphaned)
    A complex camera support library for Linux, Android, and ChromeOS (built with LLVM toolchain)
2 aur/libcamera-git r3687.3fa79cc6-1 (+11 0.22) (Installed: r3705.ba643593-1)
    A complex camera support library for Linux, Android, and ChromeOS
1 aur/pipewire-libcamera-git 0.3.51.21.g15431570f-1 (+11 1.00)
    Low-latency audio/video router and processor (GIT version) - libcamera support (GIT version)
==> Packages to install (eg: 1 2 3, 1-3 or ^4)
==>

Pipewire-libcamera-git requires systemd and won't install from AUR as a result.
libcamera-git provides no relief for the issue.

I was using pipewire-media-session previously but some dependencies changed and I thought I would give getting Wireplumber working a go again.
People seem to be able to use Wireplumber succesfully so I'm wondering what's up/ what I'm missing
Pretty new to linux so be gentle.

Re: Wireplumber cannot run for lack of libcamera

Reply #1
I'm glad I picked this name because it fits me.
Wireplumber wasn't being prevented from running because of a lack of libcamera.
I'm a dumbass and despite wireplumber being in my ~/.xinitrc it wasn't actually ever launching.
Threw it into the Plasma autostart now so things are working fine. Just need to figure out why it wouldn't launch in ~/.xinitrc
If I knew how to delete a post I would

Reply #2
It happens like that.
I've often thought that hitting 'post' opens up the 'thinking outside the box' pathways in my brain, as many times I've seen the light just after posting.
Put up your ~/.xinitrc if you wish.

Reply #3
I'm glad I picked this name because it fits me.
Wireplumber wasn't being prevented from running because of a lack of libcamera.
I'm a dumbass and despite wireplumber being in my ~/.xinitrc it wasn't actually ever launching.
Threw it into the Plasma autostart now so things are working fine. Just need to figure out why it wouldn't launch in ~/.xinitrc
If I knew how to delete a post I would

My high school teacher who was a former officer in green beret was fond of saying two things.  the first was that there is a time and a place for everything and the second is that intelligence isn't always having the right answer but also knowing where to find it.  As i'm halfway through my 5th decade he's likely passed on some time ago but i always remember those two sayings of his and him fondly.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #4
We had an update last night that enabled elogind support in wireplumber.