Skip to main content
Topic: No eBay photo upload in Firefox but then it was solved, gremlins? (Read 293 times) previous topic - next topic

No eBay photo upload in Firefox but then it was solved, gremlins?

Earlier this evening the upload photo part of the eBay create a listing page would not appear in Firefox unless I switched from the classic to new page in eBay, it had been working last week I think. I tried again a short while ago, same result. This was on a laptop that is updated to gremlins, not sure the versions of relevant stuff were any different though. It worked on my other laptop in Firefox when I tried it which isn't using gremlins so I used check-link-consistency to quickly look for what might be missing. All the missing deps in firefox were the same on both machines. I thought openmpi libraw and openexr looked promising, optdeps missing on the gremlins install and not the other, related to boost (c++, actually I don't think firefox uses that anyway) and imagemagick hence photos perhaps, so I ran another update which pulled in a new libinput version then installed those 3 plus their auto installed deps, rebooted and it worked! So I uninstalled them one by one, then downgraded libinput, rebooted, the photo upload on the classic view is still working now on the gremlins laptop. So it was fixed by installing then uninstalling that stuff, whether it was something else like browser cookies & cache or a coincidence and nothing to do with Artix or anything I did  idk but it might be useful to document what happened if anyone else encounters this.